Your shopping cart is empty.
By utilizing this website, you are accepting and agreeing to the practices outlined in this Policy. Note that the practices outlined in this Policy are subject to change at any time. If we do change any of these practices, an updated Policy will be posted on this website. So, we encourage you to review this Policy frequently in order to be aware of any such changes. You will be able to determine if the Policy has been revised by reference to the Effective Date at the top of this Policy.
The Information We Collect and Store, and Related Information about Cookies
Texcigars.com collects and stores both:(i) personal information about you; and (ii) technical information associated with the manner and frequency with which users access our website.
B(1). Personal Information About You Which We Collect and Store
For Purposes of this Policy, the “personal information” about you which we collect and store includes:
- contact and personally identifiable information such as your name, e-mail address,your postal (i.e. mailing) address, your telephone number(s), any other contact information you may provide, and your age and date of birth;
- your billing and shipping information, including your credit and/or debit card information, and any separate billing or shipping address(es) you provide to us;
- the history of your use of our website, including, web pages and advertisements viewed, and online purchasing history;
- any additional information you may provide in the course of (i) establishing an account and/or registering on our website, (ii) contacting us with a question or concern, and/or (iii) participating in a contest, survey, or promotion; and
- any information about you which we may receive from any third party marketing consultants or sevice providers, third party vendors who provide similar products, or other companies with which we have customer information sharing agreements;
- information obtained through “cookies” (for more information, refer to Section B(3), below).
B(2). The Technical Information We Collect and Store
As noted above, in addition to the personal information we collect and store, we also collect and store technical information which helps us evaluate, maintain, improve, and track the use our website, its functions (including the ordering and purchasing), and our marketing initiatives. Such information is collected using industry standard methods, such as webserver log files, our placement of “cookies” on your web browser, and/or via third party web analytic services which also place “cookies” on your web browser (for more information regarding “cookies” and how you may disable them, see Paragraph B(3), immediately below).
Currently, the third party web analytic service provider we utilize is “Google Analytics,” a service provided by Google. Google analytics tracks and provides us with detailed information and statistics regarding our website traffic, the sources of that traffic (i.e. how are users routed or referred to our site), the manner in which you navigate our website, the web pages viewed, number of visitors to our website, product sales through our website, the correlation of website sales with our marketing initiatives and methods, and other technical information regarding website use, and the device or devices utilized to access our website.
Note that third party web analytic service providers are not provided with, and do not have access to, your credit or debit card information, e-mail address, or any password you may utilize in the course of utilizing our website.
Similar to other online product providers, our website utilizes “cookies,” which are data files sent from our website and stored on your web browser while you are using our website. These cookies are used to record information related to your use of our website, so as to enhance your future browsing of our website and to enable online purchases. For example, cookies: facilitate the collection of information referenced above in Paragraphs B(1) and B(2); allow certain billing information of yours to be stored and accessed so that you do not need to reenter it with each purchase; allow you to place and maintain certain products in your shopping cart; increase the efficiency with which you navigate our website; and assist us in personalizing your use of our website by tailoring certain content and advertisements to you, based on your prior use of the website.
Additionally, the third party web analytic service providers with which we contract (currently Google Analytics) will place cookies on your web browser to facilitate the information collection and analysis referenced in Paragraph B(2) above.
You may choose to have your web browser notify you when cookies are being placed in your browser, or you may choose to disable all cookies transmitted to you in the course of your use of our website. Note, however, that if you do disable cookies entirely, you will not be able to make online purchases or store items in your online shopping cart. Similarly, certain other website capabilities may not function properly, in whole or in part.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Texcigars.com will only use your Personal Information in accordance with the terms described in this Policy, as of the Effective Date set forth above. As noted above, you should review this Policy frequently, and should specifically take note of the Effective Date in the course of any such review, so that you are aware of any changes in the ways we will utilize your information.
Unless you direct us not to by exercising the options set forth in Paragraph E of this Policy, we may utilize the information we obtain from you for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the processing, billing, and shipping of product orders;
- to provide you with confirmations of the placement of product orders, your payment for those products, and the shipping of the products;
- to assist us in learning about your product preferences;
- to send you (a) promotional materials and advertisements, (b) information about special offers and catalogs pertaining to the products we provide, (c) information regarding contests, and/or surveys in which we think you may wish participate; and (d) information regarding third party products we think may interest you;
- to communicate with you regarding, and to provide you with any prizes, product(s), or other benefits to which you may be entitled to based upon the terms of, any contest or survey in which you participate;
- to enhance your online experience by customizing website content, advertisements, and e-mail notifications, based upon your prior use of our website, including past online purchases, as well as any information about you which we may receive from any third party marketing services, third party vendors, or other companies with which we have information sharing agreements.
- to contact you if otherwise necessary;
- to track, compile and analyze website usage trends, website purchases, and the effectiveness of our product marketing and advertising initiatives and operations;
- to track and address any problems with our website and to improve our website;
- to maintain and improve website security;
- for all other purposes referenced in Paragraphs (B)2 and (B)3;
How we Share the Information we Collect
Unless you direct us to the contrary by exercising the options set forth in Paragraph E, we may share your information with third parties in the following ways:
- in conjunction with our use of Google Analytics, as set forth in more detail in Paragraphs B(2) and B(3);
- with a third party marketing consultant or service provider for purposes of increasing the effectiveness of our advertising, marketing, and promotions related initiatives and activities;
- with third party vendors who provide products similar to those we provide, and with other third parties with which we have customer information sharing agreements.
Additionally, we may share information requested by law enforcement, in the conjunction with our fraud prevention efforts, and/or in the event of any investigation into potential fraud.
Note that we keep your personal information secure. Only authorized employees and third parties who have written agreements with us have access to this information. Your information is transmitted and stored in a fashion compliant with PCI Standards. All sensitive data is transmitted using 256-bit High-grade SSL encryption.
The Choices You May Make With Respect to the Information We Collect, Store, and Share
You have several options at your disposal to control how we utilize your information:
- We only want to communicate with you regarding products, promotions, and special offers if you would like us to do so. Accordingly, if you would prefer not to receive e-mails from us, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from our e-mail list. Similarly, if you prefer that we do not send product information, notices of special offers or promotions, catalogs, other advertisements, or written materials to your mailing address, please send your request to email@example.com ;
- If you prefer that we not retain any of your contact or identifying information, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- If you prefer that we not retain any of your billing and shipping information, including your credit and/or debit card information, please send your request to email@example.com ;
- If you prefer that we not share your information with any third party marketing consultant or service provider, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- If you prefer that we not share your information with third party vendors who provide products similar to those we provide, or with other third parties with which we have customer information sharing agreements, please send your request to email@example.com ; and
- If you prefer that we do not collect and/or share the information referenced in the above Paragraphs B(2) or B(3), we note again that you have the option of you have the option of setting your web browser to notify you when cookies are being placed in your browser, or you may choose to disable all cookies transmitted to you in the course of your use of our website. However, if you do disable cookies entirely, you will not be able to make online purchases or store items in your online shopping cart. Similarly, certain other website capabilities may not function properly, in whole or in part.